Keep Child Home If
Keep child home if:
- Breathing problems are present.
- Fever occurs. The student should remain home until fever free for 24 hours without the use of fever suppressing medications. Fever is a temperature of 100° Fahrenheit or higher.
- Vomiting two or more times has occurred within past 24 hours.
- Diarrhea occurs. The student should remain at home until diarrhea free for 24 hour without the use of diarrhea suppressing medications. Diarrhea is 3 or more episodes of loose stool in a 24 hour period.
- Child has signs/symptoms of chickenpox. See chickenpox for details and readmission criteria.
- Child has sign/symptoms of pink eye. See pink eye for details and readmission criteria.