Spacewar! PBL (Project Based Learning)
Inspired by the first shootim up video game, Spacewar!, and the MIT student that developed it, the kelton students are developing a franchise based on that game. The franchise will include a video game and a movie loosely based on Spacewar!. They will also market there game by creating websites and posters.
* The websites will be created on Wordpress.com. The students will update the site weekly to keep their fans excited.
* The coming soon poster will be created in Photoshop. It will be printed on Kelton’s new poster printer.
* The students will design a spaceship in AutoCAD and/or Autodesk 123D.
* They will 3D print their spaceship on Kelton’s new 3D printer.
* They will take the 3D printed spaceship and film the battle scenes infront of a GreenScreen.
* We will add the backgrounds and lasers and effects in Adobe After Effect.
* Music and Sounds will likely be recorded using Garage Band.
* Using Scratch they will create their video games.
* They will also use Photoshop and AutoCAD for the graphics.
* They will build the music and record the audio in Garage Band.
Scratch Starter Assignments.
Rocketship 3D Design and Printer
Grading and Rubrics
Weekly Work Ethic Grade – 20 points for each day of the week.
Creating the Ping Pong Game –
Creating the Hide and Seek Game –
Rocketship Design –
3D Printed and painted Spaceship –
Website Weekly updates –
Green Screen Filming –
Editing the Movie Together –
Audio Creation –
Music and Sound Effects –
One of my students modified this game; fixing bugs and adding to the game.